If you’re looking for a flavorsome, toothy & hearty Brunch which can help you make it through the day with energy & verve, then this is just the Right Dish for you.
Serves : 2 Hungry People / Cooking Time : About 20 Minutes
What you will need?
- Olive Oil – About 2 tablespoons will suffice
- Black Beans – About 400-500 grams, pre-soaked as required
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped Tomatoes – 4-5 Medium
- Garlic, Finely Chopped – 2 cloves worth
- Onion, Diced – 1 Medium
- Eggs – 2 Nos
- Red Chillies, Chopped – 2 Nos
- Cheddar Cheese – As Required (I used Red Leicester)
- Corn Tortillas – As Required (I brought it off the supermarket shelf)
- Salt and Pepper – To Taste[/one_half
How to make it?
- Heat the Olive Oil in a frying pan
- Add the Red Chillies, Onions and Cumin seeds & cook until the Onions turn nice & golden brown
- Add in the Salt and Pepper now
- Add in the chopped Tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes till they’re soft and the flavours start to seep in
- Now add in the Black Beans and cook for 5 minutes or until well done
- In a baking pan spread the corn tortillas all around using them as a base. Then spread the bean curry carefully all over this base
- Crack the 2 Eggs and pour them gently over the curry so that they sit neatly on top.
- Garnish heavily with Cheese on top…a lot of cheese
- Pop this into a pre-heated Oven & Bake for about 20 minutes on 220 Celcius until the Cheese starts to bubble & the Eggs are nicely set!
- Pull out, garnish with Coriander Leaves and Serve with Pride !
Recommended Drink to pair this with…a chilled Corona :)…if you don’t have to head to work after this, that is!