This was my first Vegan Muffin recipe & everybody loved it at home and my friends didn´t even notice it was Vegan.
The first time I baked them – some years ago – I did it with refined sugar. As these days, I am experimenting on baking with more natural and healthy products, I have re-arranged this Recipe to not use Sugar and instead introduce the necessary sweetness with more natural ingredients!
I believe that it is critical to avoid refined sugar in your daily life, whether you are dieting or not, simply because it’s one of the “white poisons” that loads on the empty calories with zero nutrients. In this particular recipe, I’ve replaced the sugar with a tasty combination of bananas, unsweetened apple sauce and soaked raisins.
To make the Apple Sauce…
Simply peel the Apples (2 in this case) and boil them with a little bit of water till they get soft and then blend them.
To soak the Raisins…
Simply pop them in a jar of filtered water and leave them in the fridge to soak for at least 12 hours. And please, DO NOT THROW away the water used to soak them – You can it for making tea or almond milk and there is no need to sweeten it as the water is already sweetened by the Raisins 🙂
I hope you enjoy the making of these Vegan Muffins as much as the sharing of them with Friends & Family!
SugarLess Vegan Muffins
- 3 Bananas (The Riper The Better)
- ¼ Cup Of Apple Sauce (Unsweetened, Made As Per Instructions Above)
- ¼ Soaked Raisins
- ½ Cup Of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Of Flour
- Blend the Bananas, Apple Sauce, Raisins and Oil together
- Mix well with the dry ingredients
- Separate the Dough in small portions and fashion them into the shape of a cupcakes (Add some Raisins on the top of each Cupcake shape if you like)
- Bake in a pre-heated Oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees
- Enjoy 🙂 with a cold glass of Fresh Juice!