I’m sure you must have heard about detox drinks somewhere – either at your workplace or in your social circle or a friend who would have sworn you to try it. Giving it a thought, the first thing crossing your mind is “sounds healthy” “but will it be tasty”? “Will it leave a hole in my pocket”? Relax and take a seat back because they are pocket-friendly as well as tasty.
With the myriad of toxins, we are exposed to day to day, there is an enormous burden of toxin accumulation in our body leading to various disease conditions. Toxins entering our body can be from sources ranging from pesticides, air and water pollution, unhealthy high-fat foods, stress, food processing. Detoxification is a counter check process wherein the body eliminates these toxins accumulated over a period. Detoxification of the body is mainly carried out through the liver. Detox Drinks are basically various vegetable juice combinations with a dash of healthy spices which help in a natural detoxification process of the body.
The following foods have tremendous Detox Benefits-
1. Lemon – Rich in anti-oxidants, boosts immunity, improves digestion and constipation issues, aids in weight loss, and is good for skin.
2. Ginger – Improves metabolism, improves blood circulation, improves digestion, relieves nausea, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Cucumber – Helps in hydration, regulates blood pressure, low in calories, anti-cancer properties, and helps lower cholesterol.
4. Amla – Rich in anti-oxidant – Vitamin C, boosts immunity, slows down the aging process, prevents water retention, heart healthy, and helps reduce blood sugar.
5. Bottle Gourd – Aids in weight loss, improves digestion, treats flatulence, treats sleeping disorders, is high in fiber, and prevents acidity.
6. Pepper – Good for stomach health, aids in respiratory relief, anti-bacterial properties, helps in weight loss and improves skin.
7. Aloe Vera – Increases immunity, reduces inflammation, reduces oxidative stress, strengthens the intestinal walls, anti-carcinogenic, lowers cholesterol and stabilizes blood sugar.
8. Honey – Boosts memory, anti-bacterial effects, boosts immunity, improves sleep quality, aids in weight loss, regulates insulin, and improves digestion.
9.Apple Cider Vinegar – Aids in digestion, regulates blood sugar, banishes bad breath, helps in weight loss, balances pH levels, reduces cholesterol levels, and dissolves kidney stones.
10.Cinnamon – Has anti-microbial properties, rich in anti-oxidants, regulates blood pressure, aids weight loss, lowers blood sugar, increases blood circulation and decreases cholesterol.
11. Mint – Aids in digestion, aids in weight loss, good for skin, helps relieve nausea and headache, increases memory, reduces stress and is good blood cleanser.
12. Coriander – Rich in anti-oxidants, good for digestion, anti-inflammatory properties, lowers LDL & increases HDL cholesterol, lowers blood sugar, prevents cardiovascular damage.
13. Apple – High in fiber, heart healthy, reduces the risk of diabetes, prevents diarrhea and constipation, helps in weight control, lowers cholesterol, and prevents gallstones.
14. Carrot – Rich in anti-oxidants, improves eyesight, boosts immunity, decreases cholesterol, regulates blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and improves liver function.
15. Orange – Boosts immunity, anti-oxidant properties, heart healthy, relieves stress, lowers blood pressure, supports respiratory health, prevents cancer, and lowers risk of stroke.
16. Beetroot – Anti-inflammatory properties, helps lower blood pressure, nutrient dense, blood cleanser, controls blood pressure and is good for bone health.
17. Tomato – Anti-oxidant benefits, vitamin, and mineral dense boosts immunity reduces blood clot risk, good for eye, and reduces oxidative stress.
The following is a list of various combinations of detox drinks you can have for good health:
Lime and Ginger; Cucumber, Lime and Ginger; Indian Gooseberry (Amla); Bottle-gourd, Aloe Vera & Honey; Apple Cider Vinegar, Mint and Coriander; Apple and Carrot; Cinnamon and Honey; Lemon and Mint; Orange, Carrot and Ginger; Aloe Vera and Mint; Carrot and Beetroot; Tomato, Mint and Coriander; Tomato and Carrot; Bottle-gourd and Tomato; Carrot, Beetroot and Orange; Cucumber, Mint and Lime.
It’s good to regularly detox the body. You can decide combinations as per your liking from the various detox drinks. Do give it a try!